viernes, 18 de noviembre de 2016

I wanna be a wizard

"MY PHILOSOPHY IS THAT WORRYING MEANS YOU SUFFER TWICE."
-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)


Hi cutiepies!
welcome! hope you're doing great.. this day has been really, really busy T__T and I'm very tired! but finally I'm here for a new entry n__n

as you can see for the main image, the title and the date, this will be a Fantastic Beasts themed entry! because finally, finally the movie is here!

I have to be completely honest: I'm so excited about this, is just that I feel like I have a lot to tell you! as you probably know I'm a sucker for midnight showings, so when I knew this movie was going to have one, well, I didn't hesitate and went to get my tickets *-*

okay okay, let's start then.. I can't wait to tell you everything!


so, yeah, I wwnt to the midnight showing and it was a big surprise to see just a bunch of people there.. like, where were my fellow potterheads??

anyways, I don't really care haha the thing here is that I wasn't really excited about this movie.. yeah, I knew it was going to be good, but something else? uhm.. I doubted it.. I honestly thought it wouldn't work, not as HP did

but HOW WRONG I WAS!

this movie is simply amazing! everything about it is simply perfect; it just shutted up my big mouth with its marvelous plot, characters and effects: the BEST movie of the year, for sure

I don't really know where to start, so I'll start saying that it was not what I thought, I got more than I expected I was going to get; it's pretty obvios that Rowling was involved in the whole progress, you can almost touch the magic flowing from the movie

I was so glad to "come back" to the wizarding world in a whole new experience

as I told at the begining, the plot was not what I thought, I had the idea that the movie was going to be only about the creatures escaping from Newt's suitcase and causing disaster in NY, but oh man, we got more than that, we saw that the creatures are not the ones to be afraid of


the story takes place in New York in the 1920s, so it's some kind of "prequel" to the HP story; it's pretty obvious that we don't see the characters from HP, we're only able to see a conection between the two stories, but maybe the future will birng us something else..

I'm so glad that we are able to discover more of the magic world, outside Hogwarts and even outside the UK; I really enjoyed to see how wizards lived in USA, and how things work in there

the characters were too perfect! I just fell in love with Newt since the first moment I saw him, he's so cute *-* we don't know much about his past, but we can tell he feels better with his creatures than with humans; I just loved the connection between him and the animals, how they understood eachother and how much love and respect they irradiate

Tina Goldstein was really cool, but in some parts she seemed hideous and annoying, but I totally understand why she acted like that, why she did what she thought was the right thing; what I liked about her is how strong, intelligent, loyal and caring she was, I hope to see more of her

Jacob Kowalski was very funny! and the fact that they included a No-Maj in the main group was incredible; I think he gave the wizarding world a good lesson: don't judge so fast, there's good an evil in every person, no matter if it's a wizard or not

and Queenie.. ohmygods I just loved Queenie! I never imagined she could be my second favourite character of the whole movie *-* she is just amazing! I totally understimated her, she surprised me and I just love her, she's perfect

and the creatures.. oh! they were amazing *-* we are able to know more creatures and that's epic, my favourites are the Thunderbird and the Occamy; I'm so glad to be alive right now haha hope in the future we can see more magical creatures, that'll be awesome

and, oh well, I have some spoilers here.. so if you don't want to know more, then skip to the part were they end :P

***spoilers***

as I said up there, the plot completely surprised me, I thought it was going to be about the lost creatures, but then, they presented us something else; they introduced, a little bit, Grindelwald and how he was getting out of control and how that repercuted the story

so Grindelwald was undercover of Graves identity, that's why he acted so strange sometimes! also he wanted to Obscurial.. to what? to create a war? so.. did Voldemort took his ideas from him? afterall Tom Riddle was a Grindelwald's follower? and when he fell then Tom took his ideas and took them to the next level? uhm..

who the hell is Leta Lestrange? uh? of course, she was someone important in Newt's life but.. just a best friend? why Newt looked so sad when he talked about her? what did she do to my akward baby? will we see more of her? I need to know! T__T

I nearly cried when Newt was pleading about his creatures "don't hurt them" ohmygods T__T why? why was that so emotional?

so, what did Dumbledore saw in Newt?

and ohh! the deathly hallows pendant *-* that was the main clue to discover Grindewald was behind all of that but all I tought was that Graves was a follower haha not that was Grindelwald himself! ohshit well played Jo.. well played..

one thing that made me realize how wizards can be kind of mean were the laws the MACUSA set, one of them especially caught my attention: not to marry no-majs

woah, what? why? why in hell the MACUSA doesn't let wizards do that? that's one of the main reasons why Queenie was my fav: she was going against everything and was willing to sacrifice her life for Jacob; they fell in love with eachother, that was super sweet!

one thing that caught my eye was that at the end, after the obscurial was defeated, we can see an small part of it just flies away.. is he really dead?

***

overall, the movie is amazing, and I just loved the whole new level it has, including another wizarding school, Ilvermorny, and the whole new concept of the MACUSA

for me, the best part are the characters, why? well, it was great to see grown-up people, don't get me wrong, I love Harry Potter, but it was amazing to see how adult wizards react to a big menace, plus it was incredible to see the control they have over magic and how things work outside Hogwarts or any other magic school

so yes, I loved the movie, and yes, I totally recommend it!

before watching the movie, I wanted to take a pic of the promo they had in there!


look at the lovely cinnamon roll *-* Newt looks so fantastic here!
sorry for the quality, I took it at night :P

and obviously I painted my nails for this! I wasn't so sure about what I wanted to do, so I came up with an easy design inspired by Newt's outfit


I decided to use "blue" (coat), gold (vest), white (shirt) and brown (pants); as you can see it's an easy design: I sed solid colors in the thumb and pinky (brown and blue) and then added a triangle-shaped golden stud to them; on the ring finger I used white as a base, then used gold polish to simulate the vest and added an small bow tie with black paint

in the middle finger I used blue as a base, then used brown in the middle of it and finally added more triangle studs to make a "line" that divided the colours
in the last nail, the index, I used white as a base, then added the other colours (gold, blue and brown) in some kind of "arrow" design..

I like how they ended up looking but at the same time I don't like them.. I don't know.. I'm just kind of complicated and not easy to satisfy :|

well, it was just so sad to find out that the theater didn't have merchandise of the movie T__T hope they have some for the next one :P


I guess that was all for today.. I think the entry is quite long haha but it's okay, I don't really care :P the only thing that really matters is that you liked or enjoyed it n__n and sorry for all the fangirling over Fantastic Beasts..

as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
have a wonderful day! and don't forget: go watch the movie haha it's incredible

bye bye!