jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2016

Pain must and will come

"PERFECTION IS BEYOND THE REACH OF HUMANKIND,
BEYOND THE REACH OF MAGIC."
-Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (parts one and two) ~ (J.K. Rowling)
John Tiffany, Jack Thorne

𝓗𝒾  𝒸𝓊𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓅𝒾𝑒𝓈!
welcome to a new entry! hope you're doing great n__n
I decided to make another entry before the month ends, before my spooky entries start :P

oh oh! guess who got a new book? YES. ME! I bet yoy already know which one, right? I've been talking about it for weeks haha
finally, my book arrived yesterday! to be honest I'm still excited.. I can't believe I have it in my hands!

well well.. I'm actually dying to tell you everything about it so.. let's start with this, okay?


I think I'll give you first my short "review" of the book :P


Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - parts one and two (based on J.K. Rowling's story) by John Tiffany and Jack Thorne
what can I say about? probably that I've been waiting for something like this since long time ago, or maybe that when it was announced for the first time I almost cried of happiness..

okay, so, as you know I was really excited to finally put my hands on it.. of course, I was dying to get the original version (english) but I had to get it in spanish.. so I had to wait until yesterday..

first things first: this book is not written by J.K. Rowling, she only authorized it, so for so many people out there is some kind of an "official" fanfic..
plus is not what we properly call a book, 'cause is the play's script, the "special rehearsal edition", and there will be a definitive edition next year..

anyway, as I said, I was excited and at the same time I was not, why? well, of course I wanted to know what was going to happen to Harry, his family and friends, but at the same time, I didn't, let's say I was kinda afraid of the new story

I have to say that I hate this kind of writing (play's scripts), I know it's kind of easier to read but I just don't like it, and maybe that's another reason why I wasn't so excited about it :|

okay, to the point: did I like it? is what I wanted? uhm.. hard questions..
yes, of course I liked it, but I didn't love it.. let's say it's not what I was expecting it to be

the plot was good and easy to follow, but sometimes I thought they changed some "canon stuff", like they didn't care about some things; also I found the whole situation kind of weird but it certainly had some things that I didn't see coming, and that's what gave me hope about the story

about the characters.. well, I was sad to find out that some of our beloved ones were uhm.. quite flat, and honestly I wanted to see the "new" ones a little bit more..
I have to confess that one thing that really surprised me was that I disliked a character I thought I was going to love, and I loved one I thought I was going to dislike..

so I think the whole story was good, but sadly you can notice that it's not written by Jo T__T you can almost touch it, like there's a lack of "magic" in it..
I also felt like somehow, this new "book" is disconnected of the previous seven books, like it worked, and at the same time, it didn't..

overall, I'm so sad to say that I'm a little bit disappointed of it, as I said, I liked it but not loved it, which is really, really sad u__u

I think that I can't talk about the book without spoiling people, so tomorrow I'll do the proper entry in my side blog, so stay tunned!


finally I think I understand the cover haha even if it's not the prettiest of all, and it's quite simple, I liked the letter's of the title a lot *-* they are like in 3D haha


it was my first time buying online (in that store), so I was hoping for the best..
the book came the day they said it would and I was so happy to find out that they sent me a a little (very small, really..) gift: a bookmark!
I guess I've already said this a few times but, I love this book store! its merch is the best haha the bookmark says something like "you and me, together till the END"

I'm an spoiled girl.. so I got some chocolates to eat while reading my new book :P


ohh I love Reeses so much! and the other chocolate bar is one of my favourite.. as you know I don't like chocolate anymore T__T only a few brands are still scored to my heart haha


pff! this entry ended up being really long, right? I'm sorry! but I had to do it haha
hope you liked or enjoyed it n__n

oh, and september is almost over, there's just one day left, so that means my halloween themed entries will start the next time I'm making an entry.. so.. stay tunned and I hope you're as excited as me for them :P

as always thank you so much for reading/passing by!
hope you'll have an incredible week!

bye bye!