lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2016

I will not be afraid

"WE ALL BEAR SCARS,...
MINE JUST HAPPEN TO BE MORE VISIBLE THAN MOST."
-Throne of Glass ~ Sarah J. Maas

𝓗𝒾  𝒸𝓊𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓅𝒾𝑒𝓈 ◕‿‿◕ 
welcome to a new entry! hope you're doing great n__n
well, sorry about this, but I don't have the entry ready x__x is just that I planned to make it today but the thing that wasn't on my plans was to felt sick..
yeah, I felt a little bit sick and I'm better now but not fully recovered, yet..

as I promised I'm back to edit the entry, sorry if it took me more time than planned, luckily I'm feeling better now :P
anyway, as I said in the previous entry, I was in some kind of hiatus haha finally it's over!! I can't believe I survived like a week or more without reading..

I know I was, somehow, procastinating about reading the last book I got as a birthday present u__u I know, I know, shame on me! but I just wanted to find the perfect time to start it, and, to be honest I was going to do it when the "free days" on Kindle Unlimited punched me right in the face, so I decided to first read The Selection books and then, start with Sarah J. Maas' book..

long story short, I finally made it! I have to say that at first I was kind of afraid of the book itself, but after I started it all the fear I felt was gone..

anyway, before I start talking about the book, we better start with this!



Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
this is the first book in the, once trilogy but not anymore, Throne of Glass series..
I have to be honest: I was dying to get this precious book! the main reason was the cover *-* just look at it.. it's gorgeous! there is another cover in my country but it looks kinda.. flat.. so I wanted to get the purple one instead, even if it's a little bit more expensive than the other one, it totally worths it! I don't regret it..

second, I read good reviews about the story, so I was convinced it was going to be my totally my type of book, why wouldn't I give it a try then?
third.. I was dying to read Sarah's books!

okay, let me tell you what I think about the book: I love it!
I don't know what I love the most about it, the cover or the story haha I think it's a great combo, so I'm in love with it *-*

well well, some people describe the book as an epic fairy tale; I guess it has everything I look for in a book: magic, fights, a totally badass character, tragic past, jokes/funny moments and a super cheesy love triangle!

I really liked the characters and, even if there wasn't so much I could relate with, they were really good; Celaena, the main character, is now one of my fvourite female characters, she's intelligent, brave, strong, a badass, funny, flirty, pretty (yeah, I know, what a cliche, right?).. it was a surprise that I liked her that much 'cause she's an assassin but she's not a bad person, it's kind of hard to describe it but I think there's more than we see at first glance

I also liked the male characters, prince Dorian and Captain Chaol, but, sorry about this, I liked Dorian more.. he's too precious! and I think he's more than just the "charming and flirty prince"..

I saw a development in the characters but not so big.. I guess I'll be able to see it clearlier after I finish the next books, I just hope my babies won't suffer a lot..

the plot is easy to follow and understand, it was one of those books that I find impossible to put down.. it was so addictive that I read it in two days O__O
it made me laugh and it had parts where I got angry and also got sad.. luckily tears didn't come to my eyes this time but.. I'm kinda afraid they'll come when I read next books.. but I'm so glad that this book gave me a great time and it didn't disappoint me at all

it'll probably make it to the best books I read this year.. even if it has some minor flaws it was amazing and I can't wait to read the other books in the series.. sadly they'll have to wait x__x 'cause I already have my "small" queue..

I just don't want to give spoilers, so I won't.. but in case you want to read my full review (yes, with spoilers) click here but remember: it's in spanish :P


ohh btw, sorry about this but look at how perfect this edition is *-* is a shame that in my country the books are not made as hardbacks u__u 'cause they'll be totally awesome!
the first pic is of the books' back! *-* and the second one is for you to see the flap.. I didn't put filters in it so you'll see its real colours :P isn't it super pretty?

okay okay, let's go to a different thing: I got this cutie some days ago..


White peplum shirt by Kafé
okay, maybe you can't see the print of the fabric, but it looks like it has tiny roses haha it's too pretty!
yeah, I know this is not black (as my whole closet apparently is), but it looks really pretty, right?


uhm.. well I guess that's all for now :P as yu can see I don't have so much to say and I honestly don't know what I said about the book.. now that I think about it, it was probably one of the worst reviews I've ever wrote here haha but I don't know what happened.. sorry!

anyway, as always thank you for reading/passing by! hope you'll have an incredible week n__n

bye bye!