viernes, 9 de septiembre de 2016

I only have one heart

"LOVE DID NOTHING BUT BREAK DOWN DEFENSES,
AND I COULD NOT AFFORD THAT."
-The Heir ~ Kiera Cass

𝓗𝒾  𝒸𝓊𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓅𝒾𝑒𝓈 ◕‿‿◕ 
hope you're doing great n__n welcome to a new entry!
I'd like to say I've been busy, but oh lord, I haven't haha see, I'm on some kind of small "hiatus", so I'm not reading books at all.. and that's killing me!

I took that decision 'cause I wanted to make the respective entries for the books I've read in less than one week before I start to read a new one..
so, here I am, doing the last entry yay! so that means I'll start a new book tomorrow!

anyway.. ohh september is already here and I don't know what to do.. there are a lot of things coming up: new seasons of tv series and of course, new tv series! also, I wanted to read a book writen by a mexican author, but sadly I can't find one that catches my eye.. so I'm not sure I'll do it u__u plus, october is around the corner! that means only one thing: Halloween!

okay okay, before I get too excited about that topic, let's start with today's entry :P



The Heir by Kiera Cass
well, this is the fourth book in The Selection series..
first of all, let me tell you that I like a lot the cover, it's just too pretty! I love the colours but my favourite, without doubt is still the cover of The One

now, let's start talking about the big idea of turning the trilogy into a series..
well, I faced this before: sometimes it's a great idea and other times is just a big NO
I guess we don't really know why authors make this kind of things, are they doing it for their fans, or, only for cash?

in the case of Thse Selection series, sorry, but I have to say it was a real disappointment; the first three books were better than I thought but the fourth.. oh-my-gods.. is just a big NO, STOP, for me

I have to be honest, it kinda reminded me of "Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined", why? well, in this "new story" we see, the Selection again, but now the roles change..

the story follows America and Maxon's daughter, Eadlyn, who "has" to go through a new Selection.. so yeah, she has plenty of boys around her, so yeah, same story, gender swap..

I know, it doesn't mean that it is bad but, believe me when I say that Eadlyn is nothing alike her parents: she's the typical princess, she's annoying as hell and, since the firsts pages I barely could stand her; even if there are some things that I liked about her, she's just like a punch in the face.. sorry but I didn't like her :|

plus I wanted to see a little bit more my beloved couple, sadly they only appear a little bit, and their time is just too flat for me, like they are not the ones I fell in love with in the previous books..

and sadly the questions I had since some books ago are not answered (yet I hope) in this book.. and honestly I don't know if someday I'll get an answer for them..

so yes, it has good parts but they are not enough to make it a great book, sadly it was a bad idea to add more books to the story
I honestly had to force myself to keep on reading, and I even thought about not reading the next and final book.. but I'll do it just to know what happens after that cliffhanger that almost left me biting my nails..

btw in case you want to read my full review, in spanish, click here n__n

otherwise, look what I got!


Black faux furry vest by Hollyland
ohh it looks super pretty and warm! perfect for the upcoming cold days.. gladly autumn and winter are around the corner so this is a must have for those seasons! I can't wait to wear it n__n


look at my new baby *-* isn't she super gorgeous?
I made a little research it it looks like it's Harley from the New 52 comics.. and she also has her hammer!
she's the new member of my growing lego figures collection.. now I own 2 Harleys but I want to get "traditional" one (you know, the one with the black and red suit)


well, I guess that's all for now.. hope you liked, or at least enjoyed, the entry n__n
sorry if it took me a lot of time to come back to edit it.. is just that I felt kinda lazy haha and I was a little bit busy.. but I'm doing my best!

anyway, thanks for reading/passing by! hope you'll have an incredible weekend!

bye bye!