lunes, 13 de junio de 2016

There was no such thing as magic

"TRUE LOVE TRANSCENDS LOGIC FRECKLES.
IT'S A BLENDING OF MINDS AND SOULS."
-Runes ~ Ednah Walters

Hi cutiepies!
welcome to a new entry! hope you're doing great n__n I've been quite busy reading but I always have time to come and tell you everything about my "currently finished" book :P

I was checking out the pictures I have left in my phone and I noticed I haven't uploaded some of them! and they are from the past month haha but I hope to show them as soon as I can..

uhm.. I don't know what else to say T__T I don't have any news to share haha so we better start with this!


the backstory of this book is quite weird, I found it by "mistake" 'cause I'm part of a Goodreads' group named Paranormal Lovers, there each month the members choose a book which usually is "free"; I've been in the group for a while but I never had interest in the selected monthly readings until this time..


Runes by Ednah Walters
the first thing that made me want to read it was the cover *-* (even if there are two different ones) is stunning! then, the name.. I would like to say that the sinopsis was another thing I liked but, honestly, I didn't read it haha this book is part of a series named "Runes"

the glossary is in the firsts pages so when I read it I was amazed to find out the book is about Norse mythology! as you maybe know I love Greek mythology and I wanted so badly to read something about a different one and finally I found a book about it..

I didn't know the author neither her books before, so my expectations weren't high
I'm glad to say that since the firts pages it totally caught my attention; for me is one of those books you start and can't put down until you finish it

I read it in english and I was surprised to find out it was not complicated; the author writes n such a simple way that it's easy and fast to read, plus the plot was interesting and I liked it a lot

for me it's some kind of introducing book, so the story didn't go too deep into the characters' deepness and development, also we only get part of the story not all of it, I guess we still have to find the missing pieces in the next books

even if I found some cliches in the story, like the roll the characters were given and the "love triangle" (which, I have to say, doesn't really bother me), I really liked and enjoyed the book and I firmly believe the story has potential, I'm only hoping it won't turn out boring and repetitive..

btw, the series also have some complementary books, so I guess I'll read them all :P srly can't wait to devour the next one, it'll have to wait though

for the full review (in spanish) go to my side blog! n__n

otherwise, as I said at the begining of the entry, I found some pictures I haven't uploaded yet, so, here are two things I bought past month!


Nail polish by Bissú in Metal Mate Morado
well, I bought it 'cause everything about it screamed "buy me, buy me!", the colour looks really nice, plus it's matte! I'm dying to use it *-*


Nail polish bu Bissú in Seda Rosa
I'm not really sure why I got this one, maybe 'cause the colour looks so pretty!


well, I guess that's all for now :P sorry for the short entry.. as I said I don't have any news to tell and I didn't want to write a lot about the book haha is just a "short review"
anyway, as always thanks for reading/passing by! have a nice night/day

bye bye!